Monday, May 10, 2010

Acey's 1st Birthday!

Mookie, my friend from elementary school through HS is throwing a 1st birthday party for her son Acey. The theme this year is "Acey's Circus Extravaganza". He's turning 1! Oh my gosh, time has flown by so fast. I was there at the hospital the night he was born and now he is already walking and talking! I'm really sad because I will not be in LA this weekend to attend the party. Now that I live in Northern California, I'm missing out on all of the fun stuff that goes on back at home. So, if I can't be there in person, I will definitely be there in spirit. How so? By making her some decorations of course! Last year I made invitations for the 1st time with my Cricut. It was for her baby shower. Now I get the chance to make something for her again. I'm glad that I get to share my papercrafts with her.
So here are the items I made "Tang" style!

Mookie's birthday was in early May. So here is a birthday card I made for her using a cute cupcake from the Sweet Treats cartridge.




Below is a banner I made for the outside to hang on the garage door. That way people will know where the party is at. This particular banner is extra special because it's the first banner I've ever made. It measures over 9 feet long!


Below is the second banner I made. This one will go in the backyard or inside the house (depends on where the festivities will be held). It measures about 4 feet long.




I also made a few cake/cupcake toppers. I've also never made cake/cupcake toppers before. I figured these would be cute to stick in the cake.


I really wanted to make a large banner/sign, but since I have to send all of these decorations in the mail, there was no way I could make a large sign. I was afraid that the signs would get bent in the mail. Plus, there is no way that I could fold the sign. So, instead I decided to make several birthday signs to post around the party. Take a look!


Lastly, I made special "Thank You" cards for Mookie and Shawn. That way they can send a little note of appreciation in honor of their son Acey. I think they turned out CUTE!




No comments:

Post a Comment